- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 15 oz can kidney beans
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/2 envelope chili seasoning mild, medium or hot
- Brown hamburger and onion in skillet.
- Add beans (do not drain), tomato sauce, 4 oz of shredded cheese and seasoning mix.
- Place in bottom of 2 quart baking dish, top with corn muffin mix, prepared as directed.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- In the last 5 minutes of baking, if desired, sprinkle a light coating of additional shredded cheddar over the top.